Cancellation of Scottish Masters 2020

It is with much sadness that we have decided to cancel the Scottish Masters 2020. The rapid and ever-changing situation with the Corona virus means that we are in an extremely precarious financial position. In anticipation of many withdrawals, we predict that we would be unable to meet the event costs, in particular the venue hire.

Given the unpredictable nature of this pandemic, we believe it is best to make an early decision in the hope of causing as little disruption, expense and disappointment as possible to all our players.

We will not reschedule this event to a future date. Our next planned event will be the biennial Scottish Open, hopefully in May 2021.

Over the next 4-5 days we will process full refunds to everyone. We ask that you please contact us after Friday 20 March if you have not received your refund by then.

For those players who have already paid for travel/accommodation and who would still like to play, we have made an arrangement with Badminton Scotland to access their own facility, the Sir Craig Reedie Badminton Scotland Centre, on Friday and Saturday 22/23 May. This is, of course, dependent on whether it remains open during this crisis. Much nearer the time I will send an email to ask for indications of interest to play on these days, and we will simply request a small contribution towards the court costs.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.